Monday, October 22, 2007

We made it through!

Thanks for all of your thoughts...we made it threw the shots perfectly! Well, almost perfectly. Jude didn't really love them and mommy and daddy just cried a little...but overall it went okay.
Jude weighed in at 12 lbs 13 oz and he is now 23 1/4 inches tall. He has grown quite a bit!! He has actually grown from the 50% to 90% in his weight, but she said that was okay because his head grew from 40% to like 75% and his length is still around the 50%. She said that he looked perfect and that his jaundice is almost completely gone. Ofcourse I had a bunch of questions to ask about and Dr. Yok is always so sweet to answer them.
After all the questions, we had to get ready for the shots. That is what these pictures are...Kevin was trying to keep him warm before they checked everything out...I think he looks like such a little boy in these pictures. I can't believe how big he is getting!
The nurse came in and got all 4 shots ready so that it would go quickly...I thought I would do okay because he had had so many billyruben tests, but she put that first shot in, then quickly the 2nd, 3rd and 4th. About the 2nd one he made a big cry...like the one that he holds his breath and right after the 4th one after he started turning a little purple we all told him...breathe...breathe...and he let out this HUGE scream!! Bigger than I had ever heard before...she put the band aids on and then said I could pick him up. He quit crying pretty quickly, but it was so sad!! I had read that it was good for babies to feed pretty quickly after the shots, so we had a bottle ready to go. He drank that and it got his mind off of everything.
The whole experience made him a little tired...he took tylenol to keep his little fever down and he rested a lot. He is much better now!!
Thanks again for all your thoughts...now we don't have to do that until 4 months! Praise the Lord!
Daddy trying to keep him warm!
Such a cutie!!

1 comment:

Janelle and Ella said...

Oh man. I'm so sorry! I totally know that pain. I feel so stressed for an entire week leading up to one of her shot dr. visits. I hate it! I'm so glad he didn't cry for long!