Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Update on Baby Jude!

It is 35 weeks tomorrow...yeah! Only a few more weeks to go and then we will have the arrival of Baby Jude. We can hardly wait! We had our "growth sonogram" on Monday and our doctor's visit. The sonogram said that he was right at 5 lbs and around 17 inches long as of now. She said that he should gain around 1/2 lb a week until his due date which would put him around 7.5 lbs if he waits to come and see us until August 16th. The doctor said that everything looked good and said that we would see her in 2 weeks. So, I think that we will not be having induction or anything as long as everything is still good...no high blood pressure, no excessive swelling and no complications...until his due date.

That is the really fun thing...you have no control on when your baby will come and see you! Kevin and I are anxious to meet him!! Not to mention the fact that I have reached the uncomfortable part...but, that is okay...not too much longer!!
Well, I just thought you might want to see what Jude looks like right now...he was very actively "sucking" while we were having our sonogram done. He is so sweet!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Holy cow, he will be here SOON! Just imagine giving birth in one week and that was Ella. I'm so excited for y'all! We need to plan our night out asap.

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Yes, I agree with Amanda...let's plan our night out soon! Maybe next week?

Janelle and Ella said...

I was going to write the exact thing Amanda did. That's so funny. Imagine right now at 35 weeks going into labor. Yikes! Scary. I can NOT believe I haven't seen you yet. We have to do it ASAP!