So today is the big date...I guess Jude is technically "Full Term" today. I am excited about the possibility of him coming! Selfishly I am hoping for sooner than later, but I guess he will decide when he is going to come. Rosie (Kevin's mom) told me that she had Kevin 3 weeks early, which would be today. Kind of weird to think about it, but exciting. I have to say that I have been blessed to have a great pregnancy! Just in the past few days has it totally switched to being tired all the time, not feeling that motivated and just wanting to lay around (although that is not really an option)...is that normal? Please tell me that you felt that way too so that I don't feel like a totally silly head!
Well, my mom finished most of his bedding and we decided that since the house got pushed back 10 days that we would clean out Kevin's temporary music room and make it into Jude's temporary nursery! It was quite a task getting some of the things put together. My Mom and Dad came over to help us move some of the stuff to our "temporary storage unit - aka my parents rent house". Then they stayed to help us get some of the items that we hadn't had space to put together assembled. So, Jude now has his bassinet, crib with awesome bedding, swing, bouncy seat and changing table/hutch! Then we got the call that the glider that we had to special order because no one makes one that is black on black had come in. So Kevin went to get it and we put it together too! Now we only have the ottoman that needs to arrive...but the chair is the most important part!!
It is a weird feeling that no one really tells you about...the whole waiting in anticipation of the arrival of your first baby! We are totally excited and can't wait!!
Well, I hope that you are all having a great day!
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sorry, no words of waiting on the anticipation.
I can't wait to see you Saturday night!!!!
I can't believe his due date is only 3 weeks away...it really could be any day now. Can't wait to hear about his arrival!
It is a "weird" feeling waiting on your baby. So normal...we've all felt the same way!
Hi!
I hope you don't mind a comment from a stranger...
Your post takes me back. Our son is 14 months. The day he was born was the most amazing day of my life and my whole life has been taken to a whole new level of happiness, ever since. But being pregnant was a close second. I loved it. And the ANTICIPATION! It was overwhelming, especially toward the end - our little guy was a week late. It's such a thrill to get the nursery together, collect a layette, etc. There is just no feeling as special and exciting as being pregnant for the first time. Unless it's being a new mama.
The weird part is that before the baby is born you just have no idea what to expect and you spend so much time wondering what he'll be and look like and how it will feel to have him around. Then once he arrives you wonder how you couldn't guess exactly what he'd look like. Like, who else could it have been! It's a weird thing to see your baby for the first time. Totally shocking and surprising, but at the same time kind of familiar.
CONGRATULATIONS! Just thinking about it makes me want another!!
Post a Comment