
Then she started moving around a lot to find out if he was a boy or a girl. She told us that she was going to find it 3 times to confirm before she told us for sure...but, then she showed us this and said..."It's a boy!" She put a pointer on the "turtle" she calls it because I was having a hard time seeing what she was talking about!

She took like 5 pictures of the "turtle"...which I will not include...but we are pretty confident that he is a boy! The room didn't have any super large reaction...except for Kevin...who was SO excited that he could hardly contain it. He had told me early in the week that he was going to be a little disappointed if it was a girl because I had been telling him that it was a boy all this time...and had gotten his hopes up! So...I was so excited that my instincts were right...
Stephanie explained to me that Jude is currently in the breech position, which is very common at this time. That means that it is like he is standing inside my stomach currently. Then she explained that I was carrying him farther back because the placenta is in the front so that is one of the reasons that I won't be able to feel him for a little while until he gets bigger. That made me feel good! She let us hear his heartbeat and it was like 136, which is slower than before, but she said that as they get bigger that their heart beats slower.
We got to see him moving around a lot, which was so neat! He was sucking his thumb a few times and he would move his legs all around. It was pretty neat! We also got to take one 3D image to compare when we come back in 8 - 10 weeks. She warned us that he was going to be really skinny and maybe look a little wierd...but, I don't think the picture is that bad...it will be neat to compare when he has chubby cheeks next time.
So, I am sure you have picked up on it already, but we are going to name him Jude Simons. We are still working on the middle name...but the first is set! So, we are excited to share with you all that Jude Simons will be joining us in 22 weeks or so.

5 comments:
Congratulations!!! I can't wait to start buying little cute things for Jude!
Yay! It's so exciting! Can I just tell you that on the phone I thought you said you were calling him "Little DUDE Simons," which I thought was his nickname until you decided on a name. And that is why I laughed and said that was so cute. I'm such an idiot. I love the name Jude! It sounds great with Simons, too.
I am SO excited to know it is a boy! I have checked your blog a hundred times in anticipation of the big news!! That is very exciting!! Heath is going to be so jealous! hehehe
Congratulations!! We're extremely happy for you guys. Hope to see you soon!
Yea! Congratulations! I'm so glad that you were able to find out that he is a boy. What a great name...I love the name Jude!
Post a Comment