Sunday, November 02, 2008

Look out for Cookie Monster!


This is just a preview of the many pictures to come in this post. This Halloween was a very eventful day! We got to spend the day relaxing and then headed out to see the parents! Jude was Cookie Monster...I know...seems like a lot of Cookie...but, you know us, everything has a theme. Really I had wanted him to be Cookie last year and all the costumes were sold out or didn't have his size. So, this year I learned my lesson and was super pro-active and ordered his costume in like August?!? Whoa...go me!

We left around 5 to head towards my parents house. We stopped to vote early on the way...and then got to the parents house!

Of course Gigi and Papa G got Jude a cute gift to celebrate the event. This is Jude's face...he seemed to be a little more interested in Papa G's chips, but we got him to look at his new cute outfits and then...

there was the P is for Pumpkin book...Jude LOVES books!

Jude L-O-V-E-S his Papa G! We hung out and ate some dinner and then got dressed and headed out to trick or treat around their culdesac. First, we had to try and get some pictures since Jude hasn't been so excited about taking pictures lately.

One with Mommy

One with Gigi...we had some others, but I love this one because of Jude's serious face! We headed out around the street...Daddy took the lead with walking Jude up to the doors. We would carry him from house to house and then let him walk up to the door. They were so cute walking up there. They would get up to the door and then Daddy would say trick or treat and Jude would then try and go into everyone's house!! He would get so mad when he couldn't go into the different houses. I guess it is so sweet that he is so friendly, but makes me a little worried that he will want to go into anyone's house?!?
So cute!
I know that this is not the best picture, but I have decided that I am going to capture some of the "not so happy" times so that I can remember them and tell Jude when he gets older. This was him during the not wanting to have his picture taken...so funny!
And then the cute little smile!
Our friend Christi shared with me a neat trick to get a good picture...CANDY! And it WORKS!
We got back to my parents and Jude helped give candy out to the other trick or treaters. He was really interested in the big bowl of candy.

He really enjoyed the M&M's from Gigi...
And his new love for SUCKERS! Daddy introduced him to them last week while waiting at a resturant for our food. I have decided that I am going to keep some in the bag for those occasions that Mommy needs some extra help! We left my parents and we went to Kevin's parents house (mama and papa)...to see the other niece and nephews!
Had to say hello to Libbie!
Jude, Kaitlyn and Charlie
Jude with Paxton and Blaton (not so happy face)
We got to spend some time with mama, Kat, Charlie, Ashley and Tony and the kiddos. Overall it was a great day! Hope your families had a great day too!

6 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

I love it! The cookie monster costume is adorable!

Amanda said...

He was so adorable as Cookie Monster!

Papa and Gigi said...

I love our Cookie Monster!!!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Adorable! I'm glad Cookie Monster had a successful night!

Smith Family said...

Christie... Jude is so precious!!! What a killer little smile he has. :) We sure miss you guys.
~The Smiths

Brian and Jessica Ross said...

Kevin,
I discovered your blog through Jenn Tidwell-Smith - you're family is beautiful! I hope you are doing well. It's great to catch up a little bit through your blog!