Wednesday, August 20, 2008

NYC: Day 3

Day three started the way that every New York day should start...with one of the like hundred Starbucks that are on the island.

Love the pumpkin bread!

Then we went to take the NBC Studio Tour as a recommendation from Sunni. It was so fun. We only had to stand in line for a few minutes and while we were there it had all this historic stuff that they made sounds with before all the digital stuff.


This is the door knocker

These are the old microphones...Kevin was really interested in these. They didn't let us take any pictures on the tour, but we first got to see where Brian Williams does the news, then the Conan O'Brien set, and the Saturday Night Live set. It was really cool to see it all and then see it on TV now. After that we had to visit the NBC store because of The Office section. We got Jude this onesie, which after we got it home we realized it might not be appropriate...oh well, it was funny when we saw it. Then we got Kelli this shirt...I love Jim Shirt. Kevin got this shirt. And then we got Jon (Kevin's Worship Boss) and me this Coffee Mug. It was so much fun with all the Office stuff!

Rockefeller Plaza

Rockefeller ice rink...which is a cafe in the summer

Rockefeller Buildling (this is where Top of the Rock is)

The famous Rainbow Room (excellent photo by my hubby)

Radio City Music Hall

For lunch we went to the famous Carnegie Deli...which is known for its really big sandwiches. It is super packed and has famous peoples old headshots all over the walls.

I really liked this painting of the taxi.

I have to say I was a little disappointed because I had seen it on the food network many times. In all my planning I didn't order the right thing so we just had this massive cornbeef sandwhich...which was pretty good. We also had fries...and everyone gets pickles, but they weren't very good either.

After lunch we went to see Hairspray the musical. It was very fun and Norm from Cheers was the John Travolta part, Ashley from O-town was Link and Tracey Turnblad was so great! We had excellent seats too...so that was fun. After the play we went to eat for our fancy meal of the trip at Bobby Flay's restuarant Mesa Grill. It is located near Union Square and was SO GOOD!!

Cool M sign.

While we waited for our food to be cooked, they brought out bread and blue corn bread that was so good! Then our food came out...Kevin got the Ancho Chile Rubbed Chicken with Anaheim Chile Rellno filled with White Chedder Cheese, Black Beans and Rice.

I ordered Red and Black Pepper Crusted Filet Mignon with Mushroom-Ancho Chile Sauce and Mashed Potatoes with Cilantro Pesto.

Can I just say....YUMMMY!! Kevin and I still talk about how yummy this food was...he just said today that he wished Bobby Flay had a restuarant here for us to enjoy!

No comments: