I know that this post is a week late, but I just got all the pictures to put up here! My friend Kelli and her husband Patrick ran in the half marathon at Cowtown last weekend. My BFF Vanessa, Jude and I went to go support her and our other friend Lori that ran the FULL marathon. I didn't really know what to expect because I had never been to a race of any kind. We got up and ready and downtown at 9ish, then had to find a parking spot, then had to find a place near the end of the race. We waiting for quite awhile before we got to see Kelli and Patrick. It was pretty cold when the sun went behind the clouds, but it was one of my favorite days this year. First of all, it is always fun to spend a whole day outside with friends and family, and other than it being cold, it was so beautiful downtown. Second, my little Jude was a superstar that day and did such a great job of hanging in with us. Third, I was so proud of the accomplishment that Kelli, Patrick and Lori made. They trained for months and accomplished their goal!! Lastly, I was really inspired by all the different people running the race. There were so many of them and they were young to old, I mean people in there 70's running the Ultra marathon...which is like 30 miles. They are all different sizes, tall, short, skinny, not so skinny. And they all had a story...at the last .1 mile of the race the runners family members or children would run with them to the finish line. It was like the coolest thing ever. That is what I was most inspired by, the stories of all those people. I have always wanted to run and at one time I had a goal of running a marathon. Being at the race really inspired me to get started doing something...no, I probably won't run a marathon, but maybe a 1/2 or even a 5 or 10K someday. It made me think, what is my excuse for not getting this done...and most of all it made me think about the day that I could run to the finish line and Jude could help me finish and hopefully he would be as proud of me as I was of all those amazing runners that day!

Me and Jude waiting to see Kelli!

Jude all bundled up in his stroller.

Me and Vanessa

Kelli and Patrick...almost done!

YEAH!! All done...we are so proud of you!

Vanessa, Kelli and me!

Jude took a nap between Kelli's finish and Lori's!

Lori almost to the finish line.

The two inspirations! YEAH!
3 comments:
Jude is so cute all bundled up! I love your hair...did you do something different..color?
Wow! I made the blog!!! Thanks so much for coming to support me. Patrick kept telling me you and vanessa would be at the finish line and it really kept me going. You are a great friend! love, kelli
word...does Kelli have a blog or did she just comment??? Way to go for them running and for you watching!
Post a Comment