Wednesday, January 24, 2007

This Year's Theme: Leap of Faith!

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:24

This year has in store a LOT of changes for the Simons House. A new baby, a new house, a new business and much more. Therefore, we have themed it with "Leap of Faith". At first, it was just a way of saying...I don't know how all of this is going to happen. But now it is a journey that we have begun. I believe that the Lord knows us so much better that we know ourselves. When we found out that we were going to have a baby, the planner in me about freaked out! I thought...how in the world are we going to get our house built in time, get a car that has more than 2 doors, hire a full time person to work with Efficient, gain more clients to pay for the additional responsibilites, start a new business, etc....the list goes on. But then a wise friend of mine reminded me that God is in control and He wants to guide and maybe even carry us through this journey. He wants us to trust Him and He wants to provide for us beyond what we can imagine. She encouraged Kevin and I to make a list of the items that we were worried about and pray over that list and let God take care of them for us. Through this we have realized yet again, that we are NOT in control of our lives, but God is and that He will provide all that we need.

All that to say, instead of Leap of Faith, maybe our theme should be walking in faith!

1 comment:

The Schmidt Family said...

Hey girl! Of course I remember you! I'm so happy for you with the new home and baby! Best wishes!