Friday, November 02, 2007

The Annual Pumpkin Carving with the Allen's!

Every year we get together with Chad and Chantelle to carve pumpkins. This year was no exception...although we usually go to the farmers market to get our pumpkin, but this year we didn't have time to get down there. I had seen a small pumpkin patch in Keller and we stopped there to find a pumpkin and I wanted to take pictures of Jude for his first Halloween. We had thought about going to one of the bigger pumpkin patches, but after seeing the big crowds, thought it might be better to wait until next year. We ended up forgetting our cash...so we just got pictures and had to get a pumpkin at Krogers. But...we got some great pictures of Jude!

As for the carving...each year we try and take on a new challenge. It is so fun because we started this 4 years ago when neither of us were married. The first year we carved one together...Statue of Liberty. Second year...we got seperate pumpkins...we did Statue of Liberty again because I love NY and C & C did a witches brew. The third year we did the Mavricks Logo and C & C did a spider in a web. This year we went for the haunted mansion and C & C went with the raccoon. It was a little harder this year to carve a pumpkin in between feeding a new baby and rocking him to sleep...but we did okay. We took pictures every year, but I couldn't find the first two years and the picture didn't show up very well for C & C's pumpkin.

Enjoy!! And if you haven't ever tried it, you totally should...so much fun!


My sweet baby Jude! This is a really cute onesie that says "Major Giggler"...he hasn't giggled yet, but I was hoping the outfit would inspire him too! I can hardly wait!!

The 2 loves of my life!

Isn't he sweet? and yes...his hair is Red!
Me and Jude...not the most flaterring picture of me...but oh well!
The haunted mansion

Last year's pumpkins!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

You will learn that it is nearly impossible to get a cute pic of both yourself and your baby. Ahhh! It drives me nuts! But that pic of y'all was great!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

I love the pumpkins.

And I don't know what you're talking about...that picture of y'all is cute!

Janelle and Ella said...

Wow. I am so IMPRESSED by the pumpkin carving. That takes talent.
I love the close up pic of Jude's face.