Saturday, September 15, 2007

Jude's Baby Dedication

We had the honor of dedicating Jude at our church this last Sunday. It worked out that the Simons family and the George family could come to see this great event, so it was perfect! The only problem was it was a little last minute in deciding, so I had to find "the perfect outfit" for him to wear and quick!! I have had trouble finding the kind of outfits that I like at the usual shops, so I resorted to searching online. I was looking for something churchy dressy, but something different...go figure...me wanting something different?!? After looking for awhile online, I ran across this great outfit online...but was worried it wouldn't get here in time...but, I emailed the lady and she said that she could mail it that day and it would get here on Saturday. I was nervous that it wouldn't arrive and Jude wouldn't have the outfit for Sunday, but Saturday at like 2 PM the postwomen came to our door and I was like YIPEE!!!

Sunday, we had a neat time dedicating Jude at our church...which is called Milestone Church. We walked forward with the 3 other families that were dedicating in that service. Our preacher Pastor Jeff (PJ) said Jude's name first and Jude was pretty much asleep...PJ commented that Jude seemed really excited and laid back...then all of sudden Jude raised his hands...PJ said that he already knew the sound of his pastor's voice and he was already pentecostal...it was so funny!! It was a sweet time to pray over our son and commit to raising him with God first! We didn't get as many pictures as I had hoped, but here are a few. I am going to put his outfit on him again in the next few days and take some pictures with just him in the outfit and I will post them...but you can kind of see it in these pictures...it is SO cute!!




6 comments:

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Cute shirt, Christie! And such a precious family! I'm really needing to cuddle with Jude soon!

Amanda said...

How precious! I love the little outfit and little shoes. Our whole family has a bad cold, but as soon as it's gone I am coming to see you!

Anonymous said...

He is SO sweet! Everything about him is just handsome! We are so thrilled for you guys to be on this adventure!

Janelle and Ella said...

Yea for Jude's dedication!!! That is such an exciting time. I hope you guys are doing well. I can not get over how cute he is. I need to see him again.

Papa and Gigi said...

What a beautiful family!!!We are so glad to a part of the day our 1st grandson was dedicated to the Lord. We commit to pray for him on a daily basis. We know that God has a great plan for him. Love...Pappa G and GiGi

Papa and Gigi said...

What a beautiful family!!! We were so blessed to be a there for our first grandson's dedication to the Lord. We commit to pray daily for him. We know that God has a great plan for his life!!!