Saturday, November 04, 2006

Halloween - Oh what fun!

So, I know that we usually don't "celebrate" Halloween, but I have truly come to enjoy some of the traditions that the day brings to the Simons house. For the past 3 years, we have got together with our great friends Chad and Chantelle to carve pumpkins, hang out and eat candy. This year was no different...Chad and Chantelle chose to carve a spider in a web and Kevin and I tried our best to do the Mavericks logo with the horse and basketball. The words seemed to be a bit more challenging then we had thought, but you can judge what you think...














The next great thing that has become a tradition is the dressing up of my "babies"...otherwise known as my puppies...Rockefeller and Liberty. This year is extra special because Liberty has joined our family. With her being a girl, it has given me extra joy to be able to dress her up as much as possible and even put bows in her hair. Her hair is just now getting long enough that bows even work in her hair, but we tried. I actually started preparing early to make sure that her and Rocky would have similar themed outfits. I found a tuxedo for Rocky and a princess outfit for Liberty. I was greatly disappointed when I tried the outfit on her a week ago and it was still HUGE on her little 2 lb body. Although, I thought about it on Tuesday afternoon and thought I would try and use my new sewing machine to see if I could fix it. It was awesome because with just a few adjustments I made it fit perfectly!! (Thanks Mom and Dad for the great sewing machine!!) So, here are some of their cute pictures!!















The newest joy of Halloween is going to see my nephews and new neice in their outfits. This year Paxton was "Wolverine" and Blaton was "Thing" from X-men.




Charlie was a Motorcycle rider, I think it is called Motorcross or something like that...his Daddy has a "vroom vroom" aka a motorcycle that he rides. They even had matching outfits. Charlie even wanted his Uncle Kevin to try on the mask...nice look huh?



And Baby Kaitlyn was a little bunny (I think) or something really sweet like that...she is so cute!

So overall a fun time!!

No comments: