Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The first trip to see Rockefeller's sister!

Tonight we got to meet the puppies for the first time!! There are two girls in the liter and they are so cute...they were born on the 4th of July. So they are 6 weeks old today! Kevin and I went to see them tonight and there are two to choose from...we cannot decide which one we like the best. Puppy number 1 is really sweet and is regular size for a puppy. She looks a lot like Rockefeller when he was a puppy. The only problem is that she wasn't super interested in me...she was more timid and scared. But, we woke her up from her nap as well this is the first week that they are seperated from their mommy for part of the day. So...i am hoping that might be why.

Puppy number 2 is really cute, although she is TINY!! She fits in the palm of Kevin's hand! She was born really small and hasn't been growing. She is so cute and sweet and she really liked Kevin and I today. She kept licking our hands and Kevin's face. But, if she doesn't have a growth spurt from eating the dog food in the next 3 weeks there is a chance that she is only going to be 1 1/2 lbs to 2 lbs. That would be neat, except scary because Rocky is 7 lbs and I think he is small!

We didn't have to decide because we are going to see them again in 3 weeks with Rocky. By then we will be able to see if Puppy 2 grows any, if Puppy 1 likes us more and which one Rocky bonds with! I am sure that it is not a big deal with anyone but us...but I thought I would share the pictures with you! We will keep you posted.

Puppy #1 - she is a cutie!!

Puppy #1 - close up

Puppy #2 - I could barely hold her up to see the camera...she is so sweet!

Puppy #2 - Here she is in Kevin's palm...so sweet!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Awesome job with the blog, sister! How will you ever decide on one puppy? You might end up like Oprah and take home both! They're adorable!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Oh my gosh! How will you decide? They are both so tee-tiny and precious! You could get puppy #2 and let her ride on Rocky's back on a saddle. He would LOVE that.

Janelle and Ella said...

Love the Blog!!! I love both of those dogs! They are too adorable for words! Puppy #2 is so teeny...I love that!

Amanda said...

So did you guys get the puppy yet?